what are the new features of windows 10 21h2
What features does 21H2 Sun Valley have, the new Windows 10 update coming in the second half of 2021?
These days, when Windows 11 is offered to Insider users, updates continue to come for Windows 10. The 21H2 Sun Valley in question isn’t fully released for Windows 10. This version, which we can call a small update, may be the last official update for Windows 10. After that, it is possible that Windows 10 will receive updates until October 2025, despite only security patches and important bugs.
On the other hand, you don’t need to think about this issue, because Microsoft announced that anyone with a Windows 10 license can upgrade to 11 for free .
Returning to the Windows 10 front, we see three small innovations presented in the 21H1 update , which came as of May 2021. The 21H2 brings with it a little more features. So when and what features? Let’s take a closer look.
When will Windows 10 21H2 Sun Valley be released?
There is no official announcement yet for the 21H2 release date. When we look at the past 2 years, there were updates on November 12 in 2019 and October 20 in 2020. This year, it seems likely that it will come in a period between two months. Although it has not been confirmed yet, it is among the rumors that it will be released with the stable version of Windows 11.
Will every PC get the Windows 10 21H2 update?
If you have already installed the 21H1 May 2021 update, there is no reason why 21H2 should not come. On the other hand, if you say that my system does not meet the requirements of Windows 11, it is not a problem. This has nothing to do with the 21H2 update. The system requirements do not change with 21H2.
Windows 10 21H2 Features
Our ears have been ringing that a major update is coming since October 2020. In this process, Windows 10 21H2 was expected to arrive. As a surprise, Microsoft introduced Windows 11 and immediately made the developer version available. This is the culmination of the ‘Sun Valley’ project that Microsoft worked on last year, so almost all the exciting features will come with Windows 11. Still, there are no remainders to 21H2.
The following features will be available with Windows 10 21H2 Sun Valley:
- DNS over HTTPS : DNS over HTTPS generally improves privacy. It provides more security by encrypting DNS lookups that occur when you visit a website. Currently, the feature is only available in browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
- DNS options moved from Control Panel to Settings: These and similar settings are slowly making their way from Control Panel to Settings.
- Startup application notifications: Every time you start your computer (when it’s off), you’ll get a notification telling you which applications to launch each time you boot up. You can disable this by going to Settings > Apps > Startup. However, here you can also make adjustments to close the applications that you do not want to start automatically.
- New emoji picker : We will now be able to see updated emoji design, searchable GIF library, integration with clipboard history (this will also be available via Windows Key + V shortcut) and emojis like in WhatsApp.
- Windows Dictation has been renamed Windows Voice Typing : It is said to be “optimized for use with touch keyboards” and is thought to offer automatic punctuation and a more reliable typing experience.
- New icons : Settings app, Windows Security, Quote & Draft, and Sticky Notes are replaced with updated icons.
- Storage status notifications : If your device has an NVMe SSD, Windows 10 will now be able to notify you when it thinks they may be “at risk of failure.” You can also follow up with Hard Disk Senitel .
- Disk Management options in Settings : Disk Management, previously only accessible through a separate utility, is now also available under System > Storage > Manage Disks and Volumes.
- Linux improvements : Developers will be pleased to hear that Linux software in Windows 10 will now have full GPU support. Installation and updating of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) will be easier to complete and Linux files will now be accessible from within File Explorer.
- Improved graphics settings for multiple GPUs : If you have multiple graphics cards in your PC, Windows 10 allows you to set a default high-performance GPU. You will also be able to set which graphics card is used for certain applications. It is a feature that we can call cut out for laptop users.
Also in an article confirming the existence of the 21H2 update , XDA Developers has revealed two more new features. Universal Print and Windows Autopilot. These two features will provide cloud-based services for businesses. Enterprise customers, as well as those without compatible hardware, will be Microsoft’s primary focus for the future of Windows 10.
Leave a Reply