Do you need 2 update BIOS for graphics card?
We explain how to perform BIOS, Firmware and Video BIOS update on MSI laptops.
Updating the BIOS is a useful process that mostly improves the stability of the computer and sometimes changes the fan algorithms to eliminate the overheating problems. Again, by updating the BIOS, it is possible to solve many memory compatibility problems and even enable your laptop to support new types of products.
Firmware updates generally improve keyboard and touchpad performance. In some cases, Firmware updates may be released for the optical drive or the webcam.
Manufacturers don’t just release BIOS and Firmware updates. The BIOS of external video cards in laptops is also updated. These updates, referred to as Video BIOS, that is, VBIOS, make the external video card work more stable. Manufacturers list issues fixed and improvements made with each VBIOS update.
In this new guide, we explain how to update BIOS, Firmware and VBIOS on MSI laptops.
- 00:40 – Make sure that the BIOS version you downloaded is compatible with the operating system installed with your device.
- 01:30 – Downloaded BIOS file should be extracted to folder and copied to USB stick
- 10:45 – In order to access the BIOS, it is necessary to start the computer with the “Restart” command on Windows 8 and higher systems
- 02:15 – Accessing the BIOS by repeatedly pressing the Delete or Del key
- 02:20 – We follow the path Advanced > UEFI BIOS Update > UEFI BIOS Update
- 02:35 – Select the option that says USB from the list
- 03:10 – Select the BIOS file and “Confirm Update BIOS with [BIOS File Name] ?” We say yes to the question
- 03:30 – “System will power off and then power on automatically”
- 03:55 – We start the update process by saying Recovery > Proceed with flash update
- 04:40 – Do not interfere with the computer during the process
- 05:00 – If an error occurs during the update and the PC becomes inoperable, send your device to the service. BIOS update under warranty
- 05:30 – “Flash update completed. Press Enter key to reset the system” Operation completed successfully, click OK and restart the PC
- 06:00 – You can check the version information under System Information
Firmware Update Graphic card
- 06:20 – Download the Firmware version suitable for your operating system and the exact model of your device
- 07:05 – Firmware being updated via Winflash tool on Windows
- 07:20 – Close background programs and check Shutdown
- 07:30 – Start the update process by saying Start and OK
- 07:50 – After the firmware update, it is useful to remove the charge and battery and wait for 2 minutes and then plug them back in.
- 08:00 – Reset process for devices whose batteries cannot be removed
- 08:50 – Entering the BIOS, resetting the settings and saving the new settings
VBIOS, Graphics Card BIOS Update
- 09:25 – What is VBIOS?
- 10:00 – Making USB stick bootable with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool and Windows 98 DOS files
- 12:00 – Updating VBIOS and update tools to USB stick
- 12:40 – Restart the computer and enter the boot menu with F11
- 13:25 – We disable UEFI mode by restarting the computer and entering the BIOS
- 13:50 – Entering the boot menu with F11 and booting from USB stick
- 14:10 – Listing the contents of the USB memory with DOS commands and updating with the FVBIOS file
- 3:15 PM – Confirm the transaction by saying Y and the MX25L2005 chip starts updating
- 15:50 – Update finished. Re-enable UEFI mode
Do you need to update BIOS for graphics card?
Why Deleted Files Can Be Recovered, and How 2
Windows Reset and Recovery Image Creation
Leave a Reply